Many children rely on school lunches for a full stomach and adequate nutrition needed for healthy development. In the summers, when school is not in session, we rely on volunteers to help distribute lunches and ensure that that gap is filled, and that no child goes hungry.
- Distribute lunches to children.
- Create a safe and welcoming environment for youth
- Instruct children in properly cleaning up after themselves.
- Ensure that the lunchroom is clean after each meal
- Sweeping, mopping, and taking out the trash may be required
- Summer lunches begin the Monday June 26th and ends August 25th
- Between 1 and 5 shifts a week
- We ask that if you wish to discontinue volunteering you give notice so we can fill the gap
Programming Providers volunteer in our 4 family housing neighborhoods.
- Sagamore Village- This site is off of Brighton Ave. near Westbrook.
- Riverton Park- This site is off of Forest Ave. near Westbrook.
- Kennedy Park- This site is in East Bayside near Franklin Arterial.
- Front Street- This site is behind back bay off of Washington Avenue
- The summer lunch coordinator will be on site daily, working alongside volunteers, and handling the big picture side of things.
- Orientation will be provided.